Well hello there!
I realise that my book addiction has turned into a never ending supply of reviews, for which I apologise. I can only assume that you’ve been thinking ‘I love your reviews, but dammit I want know more about you and the magical adventures you’ve been having!’.
You are just too kind.
Since Christmas, I have been walking on a cloud of happiness. This is unusual for a couple of reasons, not least the probably-depression-but-refuse-medical-treatment I’ve suffered from for going on a decade.
I also quite enjoy being grumpy and sarcastic but I’ve taken a new approach this year… Smiling.
I’m not going to go into the cause of my happiness, though I reckon you can probably guess.
I grew up in a pretty shitty environment, the kind that leaves you thinking that spending the rest of your life with low expectations is the best way to keep yourself content. But balls to that, as of 2016 my expectations are HIGH and I refuse to be disappointed.
So, big plans:
- For my birthday, my mam and I will be going to Ireland for the weekend and exploring the places of historical and mythological interest.
I’m leaving the old lady to make all the plans, which is a bit risky. She may book us a twin room.
I vowed never to share a room with her again in my teens, after I realised her snoring could probably rival a jackhammer in ‘things you don’t want to be hearing at 3am’ competition.
2. In September, I will be embarking on a road trip to Oktoberfest (go figure)
Regarding this, is it weird that I kind of want to dress up as a busty tavern wench? Got the bust for it (I’m still double scaffolding when I go to the gym so I don’t knock myself out) and I reckon I can wench it up with the best of them.
3. I’m hoping to make it to 10 author interviews and 100 book reviews by the end of this year and to understand a hell of a lot more about this blogging lark. I really enjoy the drive that this has given me, I dedicate a lot of time to my reading and reviewing now, I think this has contributed a lot to my general happiness these days.
I’m going to have to get my ass into gear and get more organised though – my reading list is getting longer and longer and I’m starting to feel a little bit pressured (by myself, not my lovely authors) to work my way through them all, which is the last thing I want to do: take the enjoyment out of reading.
4. Make a mind blowingly insightful list of shit I’ve learnt about my reading habits this year, I’ll probably wait until May and I’ve officially been blogging for a year but I warn you now – it’ll change your life. Probably.
5. I’m going to move house. I’m going to move out of my 4-way houseshare that I currently share with strangers and move somewhere I can surround myself with things I care about (books) and probably get a cat. I plan on calling the cat Wallop.
It’s been years since I lived anywhere I could call home – I’ve lived in a series of houses, even with friends but they were never home. My next place is going to be somewhere special to me, that I can call my own and it’s going to be excellent.
Can you imagine the teapots I shall own?!
So there y’are – these are my 2016 plans as they stand now. I hope you’re having a good year so far, would love to hear about it so feel free to comment/get in touch.
“The path to heaven passes through a teapot” – Ancient Proverb